TV host and news anchor, Leeann Tweeden, has accused Senator Al Franken (D-MN) of groping her without her consent in 2006. Details below.
- Tweeden and Franken were on a USO tour when he touched her breasts while she was sleeping. Tweeden posted the picture to Twitter as evidence. Franken was not yet an elected official. He was still working as an actor/comedian.
- Tweeden said she felt "Embarrassed. Belittled. Humiliated." She continued, "How dare anyone grab my breasts like this and think it's funny?"
- Tweeden also said Franken aggressively kissed her while practicing for a skit. Franken insisted they practice the kiss and Tweeden reluctantly acquiesced.
- Franken issued a statement offering his sincerest apology to Tweeden. He said he didn't remember the skit and that the picture was intended to be funny but it clearly was not.
- Do you think Franken will see a high level of backlash from this?
Read Tweeden's full account and see the picture here. We are waiting to hear what his fellow Democrats have to say.